Saturday, May 12, 2012


Yesterday marked a very special day for one of my favorite people in the world. My girlfriend Kathryn turned 22! And, to make matters even better, Kathryn graduated with a degree in Child and Family Studies from Baylor University yesterday! To say I'm a proud boyfriend wouldn't even cover the first inkling of my emotions for her.

Kathryn is a really special person to me who has already given me so many incredible memories. We met two years ago working together at Kanakuk. I remember noticing her for the first time on one of our times off together and thinking to myself "how in the world did you not notice her before?" Kathryn's an absolutely beautiful girl with an incredible heart for Christ, and is such a blast to be around.

I've loved all of our times together so far. From the K-1 slip and slide to the times together at Andy's Ice Cream. Being paired up at parties at kamp to surprising her at parties at school. Going to get Varsity Donuts in Manhattan and eating Vitek's in Waco. Meeting each other's families and celebrating Christmas at Crown Center. Having her visit me in Spain and eating the world's best french fries with Gracia. Riding around the streets of Sevilla on bikes and taking frequent ice cream stops. Talking to her from five thousand miles away until ridiculous times in the morning and not ever thinking twice about it...

Next year Kathryn will move to Kansas City, where she'll be the co-director of Kansas City K-Life and lead hundreds of awesome kids to Christ in a fun and loving way - something that she is so so good at doing. I'm excited to see all of the new memories that we make together.



Hope this isn't too sentimental for you, Kathryn. You're my favorite! :)

Brad.

1 comment:

  1. I think this might be my favorite post.... she is special.

    ReplyDelete