Tuesday, March 27, 2012

One strike, and I'm out.


So Spain's economy isn't doing so hot right now. People are unemployed and angered about it, so on Thursday they've called for a general strike amongst the whole nation: work will be skipped, classes will be cancelled, transportation will be shut down, and the country as a whole will be at a standstill. Although it may not seem like it's a whole lot of damage, imagine Spain's GDP of $1.4 trillion per year, divide it by 365, and the country could lose up to $38 million.

All that being said, I'm following in my Mom's side of the family's footsteps and getting the heck out of Dodge. Since next week is holy week in Spain and we have a week-long vacation, I'm leaving tomorrow to tour the UK for 13 days. I'll be traveling to London for 6 days, Edinburgh for 4 days, and Dublin for 3 days. Although I'm headed there with a friend, I'm going to do the last 10 days of the trip alone, which I'm both excited and anxious about.

Here goes nothing. It's time to get this party started.


Brad.

2 comments:

  1. You amaze me... 10 days in the UK all by your lonesome? That's incredible...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun be safe and don't sleep on park benches

    ReplyDelete