Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Barber of Seville

Since my hair's getting long and I won't be in Spain for another 2 weeks, I figured I would bite the bullet, channel my inner Sweeney Todd and go to a local barber shop to get my hair cut. The barber shop I went to was about a 5 minute walk from my house on a small narrow street called Calle Nieblas. The barber shop itself wasn't anything elegant, just a simple place to get your hair cut. There was only one man working - the owner - a very nice man who was patient with me throughout the entire process. I didn't realize it before I went, but teachers and classes don't really ever test you on barber shop vocab, and at first it was really difficult for me to understand and communicate what I wanted. In the end, though, we talked about everything from Kansas City to the strike to his kids and back. I'm glad I went, not just because my hair can avoid bed head but because I got to experience a barber shop in Seville, too.


I'm off to London with my friend Darcie now! Leggo!

Brad.

1 comment: