Monday, February 20, 2012

Knoxygen


The past two weekends, I was blessed enough to spend some quality time with one of the coolest guys I know, Knox Schroller. Knox and I met two summers ago when we were co-counselors at K-Kountry, and have remained close friends ever since.

Co-Counselors, Summer 2009

Last semester, Knox was living in Waco and let me crash with him a few times when I came to visit Kathryn. We were talking about me studying abroad this semester and I jokingly said to him, "Bro, why don't you just come with me?" Knox's face immediately lit up in excitement. He told me that just a few days before I had come to Waco he had heard about a missions institute in Spain. The conversation continued from there, and eventually he told me about G42, a leadership academy located in Spain. Knox prayed about where God was leading him, and faithfully moved to Mijas, Spain for the semester, only about 2 and a half hours from Sevilla!

Knox and I hung out last weekend in Sevilla. He stayed with me at my house, was adopted as Gracia's "third niño", went to a few discotecas with me, had some good conversation, and headed home on Sunday.

Street guitarist performing outside of El Alcázar that Knox and I watched for a little bit.


Co's before bro's.

We enjoyed our time so much that when the next weekend came along, I found myself on a train bound for Mijas. Mijas is a small town outside of Málaga. Situated in the foothills of the mountains and within eyeshot of the beach, it's a very popular spot for tourists to come and relax for a few days. I guess you could say I was a "tourist" for the weekend as well. Knox lives on the most photographed street in all of Spain.

Beautiful Mijas

Knox's Street, Calle de San Sebastian

Our weekend in Mijas was much more relaxed than our weekend in Sevilla, but we had so much fun nonetheless. I think I laugh more with Knox than I do with anyone else, and it was great having a Christ-centered guy to talk to and have some deep conversations with.

If you want to follow Knox and his journey this semester, check out his blog here.

Brad.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great weekend. God is really blessing you! Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete